"I like that our effort with each client is collaborative – my team working with their team to get results."
- Master of Science – Taxation, University of Central Florida
- Bachelor of Science – Business Administration , University of Central Florida
- James loves to spend time with his three kids.
- He enjoys scuba diving and exploring the outdoors.
- He is a member of the Rotary Club of Daytona Beach.
James has more than 20 years of experience in the accounting profession, with an emphasis on governmental and nonprofit accounting and auditing. During his tenure with James Moore, he has been extensively involved with entities that receive state and federal financial assistance subject to Government Auditing Standards, the Florida Single Audit Act and OMB Uniform Grant Guidance.
As a recognized authority in audit accounting, James has consulted in the area of internal controls and systems design. He is also a key member of our Government Services Team and has performed internal inspections and external peer reviews for the firm in accordance with peer review requirements of the SEC Practice Section of the AICPA Division for CPA firms, OMB Uniform Grant Guidance and Government Auditing Standards. James has audited and/or assisted in Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) development, is one of only 74 CAFR reviewers for the GFOA in the state of Florida, and serves on the FGFOA technical resource committee.
James has been an active speaker in the community, addressing topics specific to internal controls and accounting standards to industry-specific groups, such as FGFOA Chapters and state conferences. He is also in charge of the Daytona Beach office’s efforts with Strategic Nonprofit Alliance Partnership, Inc. (SNAP), an organization created by the firm to address questions and challenges in the nonprofit community. As such, he is a member of the firm’s Nonprofit Services team and leads the Daytona Beach office’s efforts in this vein. He serves on the State and Local Government Committee of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) and is chair for the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties. He is a member of the Volusia League of Cities and the Space Coast League of Cities.
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- AICPA Not-for-Profit Section
- AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Control Center
- Florida Government Finance Officers Association
- Strategic Nonprofit Alliance Partnership
- Florida League of Cities
- Government Finance Officers Association
- Team Volusia
- United Way of Volusia Flagler Counties (past chair and past treasurer)