International Tax Advising Services

//International Tax Advising Services
International Tax Advising Services 2018-04-10T14:59:30+00:00

International Tax Services

If your money has global reach, so does your tax liability.

There’s more than meets the eye with international tax.

The words “international tax” probably make you think of a worldwide corporation with thousands of employees and offices in far-flung nations. But you don’t have to be a massive conglomerate to be subject to international tax requirements (or eligible for breaks).

Did you know?

  • If you’re a U.S. citizen who has income from another country, your foreign-sourced income must be reported on your U.S. tax return because U.S. citizens and residents are taxed on their worldwide income.
  • If your company manufactures and sells goods to customers overseas, you may benefit from tax breaks.
  • Investing in a foreign company will also subject you to reporting requirements, as will foreign bank accounts – if you’ve established, inherited or have signature control of any such account, you’re required to report it to the IRS if you meet certain thresholds.
  • If you are a non-citizen and own real estate in the United States, you may be subject to tax withholding when you sell it and to income tax if you rent it out or have a gain on the sale.

The bottom line… the complications are real for even the smallest of international endeavors.

What you don’t know can hurt you.

The penalties for noncompliance are often steep, so it’s crucial to have tax professionals who know the ins and outs of international tax regulations. James Moore & Co.’s international tax accountants have the experience and knowledge you need to ensure that you’re meeting the obligations brought on by your global dealings and interests. Some of the international tax planning services we offer include:

  • Reporting of foreign interest in foreign corporations and trusts
  • Filing of reports on foreign financial assets and bank accounts
  • Assistance with offshore voluntary disclosure programs
  • Foreign income tax exclusion calculations for wages earned overseas
  • Preparation of income tax returns for nonresident aliens
  • Applying for FIRPTA withholding certificates to reduce or eliminate withholding on sales of real estate by nonresidents
  • Obtaining a federal taxpayer identification number (TIN)
  • Entity structure consulting for ownership requirements
  • Structuring tax incentives for manufacturers with profits from exports (IC-DISC)
Contact Us Today

Latest Articles

Need more information? Check out our library of tax-related articles.

DPAD: Going, Going…Replaced?

In 2004, producers of goods in the U.S. were awarded a tax incentive called the domestic production activities deduction [...]

New Rules for R&E Expenses

Companies in many different industries incur research and experimentation expenses. Whether they are developing new software, testing new formulas, [...]

Updated W-4 and Tax Calculator Now Available

Following the major change in the country’s tax code, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) recently released an updated form W-4 and [...]

Could E-Commerce Sales Tax Reform be Next?

2018 is shaping up to become the Year of Tax Reform. After decades of ignoring sales tax cases, the [...]

More Tax Articles

International Tax Leader

Tax Planning Guide

Contact Us