"I enjoy being an advisor for my clients. Not just getting the books right, but helping in other ways to make a positive impact on the organization as a whole.”"
- Master of Accountancy, Stetson University
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Major: Accounting), Stetson University
- Zach is a die-hard fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars, Orlando Magic, and Boston Red Sox.
- His first job was as a baseball umpire at age 12.
- Passed the CPA exam while in school and finished his undergraduate and graduate degrees at Stetson in 3 ½ years.
Zach has nearly 15 years of experience as a certified public accountant in the state of Florida. The leader of our firm’s Government Services team, the majority of his clients are governmental entities. These clients have budgets ranging from $1 million to nearly $1 billion. Zach’s experience includes, extensive work with organizations that receive substantial federal and state assistance subject to the OMB Uniform Guidance and the Florida Single Audit Act of almost $100 million. He also serves as the contract Finance Director for the City of Lake Helen, Florida.
Zach serves as a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) reviewer for the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA). He has worked with numerous clients to assist in the early implementation of new GASB standards. He has also consulted for government entities and organizations to help them prepare for external audits and prepare financial statements. Additionally, Zach maintains memberships with a variety of government-industry groups including the Florida Government Finance Officers Association (FGFOA) and various local FGFOA chapters, the Volusia League of Cities, the Space Coast League of Cities, and the Florida Tourist Development Tax Association (FTDTA). Zach has been a frequent speaker at local FGFOA chapter meetings, the FGFOA Conference and School of Government Finance, and firm webinars on various accounting and auditing topics.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of Government Audit Quality Center
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- State & Local Government Section
- Government Finance Officers Associatio
- CAFR Reviewer
- Florida Government Finance Officers Association
- Florida League of Cities