Zach has over 15 years of CPA experience and leads our firm’s Assurance service line. Also the leader of the firm’s Government Services team, Zach works almost exclusively with governmental entities with budgets ranging from $1 million to over $1 billion. Zach works extensively with organizations that receive substantial federal and state assistance subject to the OMB Uniform Guidance and the Florida Single Audit Act of up to and over $100 million. He also serves as the contract Finance Director for the City of Lake Helen, Florida.
Zach serves as an Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR) reviewer for the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA). He has worked with numerous clients to assist in the early implementation of new GASB standards. Zach also leads the teams providing contracted Tourist Development Tax (TDT) audit assistance to various counties.
Additionally, Zach maintains memberships with a variety of government-industry groups including the Florida Government Finance Officers Association (FGFOA), the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA), the Volusia League of Cities, the Space Coast League of Cities, and the Florida Tourist Development Tax Association (FTDTA). Zach is a frequent speaker at conferences and other events across the state, and has previously spoken for the following associations on various governmental accounting and auditing topics:
- Florida Government Finance Officers’ Association (Annual Conference, School of Government Finance, Webinar Series)
- FGFOA Local Chapters (Volusia/Flagler, Big Bend, Treasure Coast, North Central Florida)
- Florida Tax Collectors Association
- Florida Tourist Development Tax Association
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida School Finance Officers Association