"I am passionate about working with my clients on the ‘why’ and the ‘how’ behind business decisions—not just the ‘what.’"
- Master of Accounting , University of Florida
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting , University of Florida
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification , The Ohio State University
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification , The Quality Group
- Katie is a third-generation graduate of her alma mater and credits her parents and grandparents with her lifelong love of college sports.
- She is a travel addict and enjoys traveling with her husband and two children. Favorite destinations include the Greek Isles and Yosemite National Park.
With more than 15 years of experience, Katie is a partner at James Moore and dedicates a majority of her time serving higher education institutions, collegiate athletic departments, foundations and other university-related organizations. She leads the firm’s Higher Education and Collegiate Athletics industry teams, which serve more than 60 higher education organizations (including 15+ athletic departments) nationwide. She is an active member in CABMA and NACUBO. As the leader of the firm’s Accounting and Auditing Team, Katie is also responsible for quality control and compliance with accounting and auditing standards, laws and regulations, as well as the development of internal training courses.
Katie enjoys offering solutions beyond traditional accounting services by helping organizations improve their operations and grow their bottom line. In addition to being a certified public accountant, Katie is also certified in Lean Six Sigma. She helps her clients become truly lean enterprises by creating efficient, thorough and sustainable systems. In addition to writing and speaking on the topic, she works directly with members of an organization to evaluate existing operations and identify solutions that work for them. This includes developing tangible action plans for long-term success.
- Corporate Training
- Employee Benefit Plan Audits
- Human Resources
- Lean Six Sigma
- NCAA Agreed-Upon Procedures
- Operational Excellence
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center Member
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- College Athletic Business Management Association
- Southern Association of College and University Business Officers
- National Association of College and University Business Officers