"If it matters to my client, it means everything to me as a CPA that is their trusted partner."
- Master of Accounting , University of Florida
- Bachelor of Science – Accounting, University of Florida
- Jay has been married to his Gainesville High School sweetheart, Janie, for over 25 years.
- He likes to ride WaveRunners on Lake Weir with his daughter who is studying accounting at the UF Fisher School of Accounting.
As a CPA in the state of Florida, Jay has more than 25 years of experience providing personalized accounting services including auditing and tax services, business consulting, business valuations and litigation support. While he has worked with clients representing the real estate, manufacturing, professional services, dealership and retail industries, he has significant experience addressing issues and providing solutions for healthcare-related entities. As such, Jay leads the firm’s Healthcare Segment Team.
Jay works primarily with for-profit clients looking to maximize revenue and minimize expenses, and he is dedicated to providing them peace of mind that they’re getting the best possible tax savings. His guidance recently helped one client avoid a $500,000 tax liability with a cost segregation study, while another eliminated a $50,000 IRS tax penalty. He also takes a proactive approach to revenue enhancement, cost controls, applying best practices, and emphasizing the importance of having the right policies and procedures already in place (instead of as a reactive remedy) to best facilitate business growth.
Jay also specializes in preparing business valuations and litigation support services and has earned several accreditations including the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) and Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) designations. Valuations are performed for a variety of uses including litigation, succession planning, and gift or estate tax purposes. Litigation support services include related party transactions, fraud, child support, divorce and dispute resolution.
- Affordable Care Act Consulting
- Business Valuation
- Employee Benefit Plan Audits
- Revenue Cycle Enhancement
- National Association of Certified Valuation & Analysts
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Heathcare Financial Management Association
- Medical Group Management Association
- Gainesville-Alachua County Association of Realtors
- Health Care Administrators Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants