If your home or business suffered damage from a recent hurricane or other natural disaster, you likely face a difficult time of recovery. Thankfully, there are tax strategies you can use to help ease your financial burden.
In this webinar, Suzanne Forbes, Partner at James Moore and Company, discusses these strategies and answer some of the most common questions we hear from clients, including:
- Can I get a tax deduction for hurricane damage to my home or boat?
- I received insurance proceeds for the damage to my business. Are they taxable?
- Can I deduct cost of repairs or tree removal?
- The tenant moved out from my rental property because of hurricane damage to the property. Can I claim loss of income?
- Do I need to wait to file my 2016 tax return to get any tax benefits?
Watch the webinar recording: